Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sping Revamp

First of all, Happy Easter! 
My brother Tyler and I after Church this morning.



Good things about this weekend- I was able to go home this weekend and spend it with my family. I was able to work on Saturday. And I was able to use my mom's sewing machine for my craft! (since I don't have one in Troy with me)

Momma's Fancy Sewing Machine


Bad things about this weekend- My daddy had to have emergency hip surgery. He has his hip replace for the second time in November and the incision got infected. They have tried giving him antibiotics and all sorts of things but nothing helped so on Saturday they went in and cleaned up the hip area and he is currently hooked up to an IV with a really strong antibiotic on it! Hopefully he will be able to come home tomorrow.

So, he's doing better now and  I have a cool craft to show you. It might look a little scary if you have never used a sewing machine or don't use one very often, but it really is not that bad. I promise!

Its Spring and that means that we will be getting warmer weather soon (I hope), wearing shorts and other cute springy clothing, and wanting to look cute. I have seen all over shorts with lace on them, and I love lace, but I just can't let myself spend upwards of 30 dollars for a pair of shorts! So instead of trying to convince myself that it was okay to spend the money on the shorts, I decided to revamp a pair that I already had!

I had a pair of white jean shorts from last summer and just added a trim of lace around the bottom! I used a thinner lace but you can use what ever you want. Basically the steps are take the lace, line it up on the shorts, pin it down, and then sew it on. It really is as simple as it sounds.







Until Next time,
Felecia <3

No comments:

Post a Comment