Sunday, March 24, 2013

Keys.

This was the beach. It was really cold, so we didn't spend a long time there.


A lot has happened in the past couple weeks. I've went on Spring Break, came back to school, and performed in a musicale and concert.

Spring Break was a very awesome week, it was relaxing, no classes, and just spending time with my friends and family. But like all good things, they must come to an end, so I had to come back to school. This week was very busy. As a Member-In-Training for Sigma Alpha Iota, one of our requirements is to put on a musicale, so that was this past week. Tuesday night we got together and did some singing and some playing and all went well.

Then, Thursday night we had a concert in honor of Dr. John Long. (For those who have no idea who he is, he is the man who founded the Sound of the South marching band, and is a really cool guy.) The coolest part of this concert is that we played with a high school band from Hawaii. The kids from Pearl City High School in Honolulu, Hawaii flew out and came to play with us. We had a banquet with them and they even had hula dancers! (I said they looked like Lilo, from Disney's Lilo and Stitch)


We got Leis from the kids during the concert!


So it was a pretty awesome night. We played great music and had a great time with the kids. 








And somehow during this crazy week I have had time to do a craft! So here it is. I turned a picture frame into a key holder.


I took a dollar store picture frame, some cork that my friend had lying around the dorm, and some scrap book paper and it didn't take very long at all. 



First take the back of the picture frame, and lay it on the cork board. Draw an outline so you know how big to make it. You want to use the back of the frame so you know it will fit in the frame.
 After you cut it out, make sure it fits right. You don't want to cover it and then find out that it doesn't fit in the frame. I used a 5x7 frame so that it would have a little bit of size to it and not be huge but you can do it with whatever size you want.
 Then I went to my giant pack of scrapbook paper and picked one out. You could also do this with fabric or just leave it with the cork. Whatever you want to use to cover it is good.
 This is the paper I picked! To figure out how big you need it to be, lay the cut out cork on the paper and I added a half inch around each side to leave room to fold over. It is like the seam allowance in sewing.

 Then I folded down the paper on the back of the cork. I used white glue, like Elmers, because a friend was borrowing my hot glue gun, but I think the hot glue would have worked better. It would have made it easier to dry. But just make sure that it is flat on the front side.
Then I put it in the frame and wrote "Keys" on it (that was obviously after I took this picture) and VoilĂ ! Picture frame key holder! Or it can hold all sorts of things. I am using a push pin/thumb tack to hold the keys because I think that a Command Hook would cause the paper to rip. But I'm not sure. 








Anyway, Happy crafting. And until next time!

Ekologie Hand PERSONAL USE

No comments:

Post a Comment