Sunday, March 3, 2013

Bows before Bros

This week I did a little bow bookmark thing! The original idea was a pin on Pinterest that led to this blog here. But that link was in Spanish or something other than English so I figured I would show my "how to" on this cute little simple craft tonight. All it is a paperclip with some ribbon and hot glue! :D
This is what the final product was.

This is what I used!!! I used a hot glue gun (which I got in pink because well they had it as an option and I love pink), Floral Wire, material and ribbon. 





This is the wire. I found it at Wal-Mart in the craft section.





I then hot glued a piece of ribbon together that I had cut. It was about 5 inches or so. The longer you make it, the wider your bow is.

Then I added another line of hot glue to the middle of the circle to make it close off.

Here is what it looks like when you put it on its side.

Add some wire around the center of the bow to turn it actually into a bow. Just wrap it around a few times so that it is fairly tight and looks pretty. :)


Then after you wrap around the ribbon, wrap some more wire around the paper clip so that it will stay in place. I also added some hot glue to the wire on the clip so that it would stay in place. But I've done it without the ribbon as well.
Then I added a little strip of ribbon, any color you want. Start on one side, which ever you sorta want to be the "back side" and then add some hot glue to hold it in place. Wrap around the rest of the ribbon around the paper clip so that it looks cute. And once you're done, add more hot glue to make it sturdy.

And here is the finished product. I did a couple with different size ribbon and colors of material. 


So here is a really simple craft, that uses things that you probably have around your house, or your friends might have. So enjoy making this. :) And if anyone has any craft ideas throw them out for me! Maybe I'll make something you say!

Till later, 

Felecia


No comments:

Post a Comment